The Perfect Summer Appetizer
But if you want to wow your friends and family, you want to bring something homemade. Whether you are a cooking veteran or novice, you cannot go wrong with 50Kitchen’s Chipotle Chicken Cups. They are a quick, easy, and affordable recipe that can be whipped up as an amazing appetizer. If you are hosting, these are a surefire way to keep your guests satisfied while the grill heats up, and if you are a guest everyone will be amazed by your cooking prowess.
What makes these so delicious is that it combines heat with sweet which is always a good combination. By mixing delicious grapes with spicy chicken, there is an amazing flavor combination. Control the heat by adding more or less spice or even substituting out spices with smoked paprika. This recipe can also be made using egg-free mayo alternatives like Just Mayo.
Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Pound of Chicken Breast
- ½ Medium Shallot
- ⅓ Cup of Mayonnaise (can substitute egg-free mayo)
- 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper (for less heat, substitute smoked paprika)
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Half a Dozen Red Seedless Grapes
- 15 Phyllo Cups
- Place chicken in boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from water and refrigerate to cool. Cut chicken into strips to cool faster.
- While the chicken is still cooling; finely dice medium shallot.
- Finely cut the cooled chicken similar to tuna salad consistency.
- Mix chicken, shallots, and ⅓ cup of mayo until fully incorporated.
- Add spices and continue mixing. For less spicy chicken use less Chipotle Pepper or substitute it entirely for smoked paprika. Add spices to taste.
- Cut grapes into halves, or quarter crescents. For spicier chicken, we recommend you use grape halves.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the phyllo cups. Make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Place grape halves or crescents on top of each cup. Serve & enjoy.